If you don’t spend a little time making a social media plan, you will more than likely end up attacking it from all angles and your success may be limited, which will only make you feel like the whole thing was a waste of time. If you really hate writing plans, you don’t need to worry too much because your plan really only needs to be a simple one-pager. You just need some clear direction so that you know where you are headed and can track your successes. As Jack Welch once said, ‘A strategic plan is simply picking a general direction and implementing it like hell.’
How do I go about making my one-page plan?
First you need to ask yourself what you want to achieve from using social media in three, six and 12 months. It could be:
- a larger prospect base to talk to
- a certain number of connections and followers
- a monetary amount
- a reputation for being an expert in your field
- a certain number of visitors to your website.
Then ask yourself three questions:
- What is my purpose in using social media?
- What am I hoping to achieve?
- What is my desired outcome?
The ‘purpose’ aspect could be very simple, such as:
- You don’t want your competitors gaining the edge because they are already using social media.
- You realise it is another way of communicating your prospects.
- You want to grow your business network of connections.
The ‘achieve’ aspect could be:
- You want to attract more customers.
- You want to listen to what is being said.
- You want to gain more brand exposure.
The ‘outcome’ aspect could be:
- You have created and engaged a tribe of fans who have become cheerleaders for your business.
- You have a listening post set up.
- You have a greater network of business connections.
You set the figure for the goal.
Ref: Marketing with Social Media: 10 Easy Steps to Success for Business, Linda Coles (2015)
Interested in joining our team? Why not apply today?
About Our Traineeships:-
Join the Market Leader in 2016 – Accounting Traineeships
Looking to study a B.Com at University of Newcastle in 2016?
Bottrell Business Consultants are a Multi Award Winning Firm
We have 2016 Traineeships available – work 3 days Study part-time 2 days
Apply now to Tara Skippen on email@example.com – send resume & cover letter
www.bottrellaccounting.com.au or check us out on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram or LinkedIn
Offices – East Maitland | Newcastle | Sydney | Melbourne | Brisbane | Gold Coast
Bottrell Business Consultants Pty Ltd – Chartered Accountants and Business Advisors.
The Bottrell group incorporates Bottrell Business Consultants, Bottrell Accounting & Taxation, Maitland Accounting & Taxation, East Maitland Accounting Services and Mobile Bookkeeping & Recruitment.
Our group of businesses & links include the following companies (& our websites);-