As marketers see the growth and the possibilities of this site, more and more brands are setting up business pages and seeing some real results from interacting with their customers. By getting real-time feedback, both good and bad, from their business pages, marketers can now really interact and engage with their customers, and for free too.
The personal page is simply for individuals to keep in touch with their friends on a social level, and not for business. You will occasionally see people using it as a business page but there are a few things to note about doing so:
- It is against Facebook’s terms and conditions, so you risk being closed down.
- You have to be a member of Facebook to join in.
- You have to become a friend of that person to join in the conversation.
- Profile pages are not easily seen by Google, depending on the individual’s security settings.
- You can have a maximum of 5000 friends.
Community pages should be avoided. They can be automatically generated by any given topic, but can’t be edited or updated, making them a bit of a nuisance. Steer clear for now.
A group page is an option if you are running a club or cause. The group can be open to anyone to join, closed so it’s invitation-only, or completely private, such as for a small company’s intranet system.
Points to consider about a group:
- You can send an email to all members that they see in their inbox.
- Like-minded people can discuss things in relative privacy.
- You need to be a member of Facebook to join in.
- Group pages are not easily seen by Google, depending on if the group is open or closed.
The most practical option for most businesses, the business page is easily created and you don’t need to be a member of Facebook to see it.
Other points about business pages:
- Pages are easily seen by Google.
- A small business could use a Facebook page as its first website.
- Facebook is free to join and use.
- One billion people on Facebook could potentially see your page.
- Updates feed into your fans’ own newsfeed as you post something.
- When your face likes or comments on a post, their friends see your page name in their newsfeed too, so the viral effect gets to work.
A business page is by far the best option for most people, so let’s look at how you can set one up.
Ref: Marketing with Social Media: 10 Easy Steps to Success for Business, Linda Coles (2015)
Interested in joining our team? Why not apply today?
About Our Traineeships:-
Join the Market Leader in 2016 – Accounting Traineeships
Looking to study a B.Com at University of Newcastle in 2016?
Bottrell Business Consultants are a Multi Award Winning Firm
We have 2016 Traineeships available – work 3 days Study part-time 2 days
Apply now to Tara Skippen on firstname.lastname@example.org – send resume & cover letter
www.bottrellaccounting.com.au or check us out on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram or LinkedIn
Offices – East Maitland | Newcastle | Sydney | Melbourne | Brisbane | Gold Coast
Bottrell Business Consultants Pty Ltd – Chartered Accountants and Business Advisors.
The Bottrell group incorporates Bottrell Business Consultants, Bottrell Accounting & Taxation, Maitland Accounting & Taxation, East Maitland Accounting Services and Mobile Bookkeeping & Recruitment.
Our group of businesses & links include the following companies (& our websites);-