TOP 15 TIPS TO GROW YOUR HOSPITALITY BUSINESS
If you are looking to grow your hospitality business, there are a few golden rues to live by. We’ve summarized them into the 20 short and sweet ways to ensure your hospitality business is here for the long haul.
- Smile – it’s pretty simple yet so often overlooked.
- Listen – to your customers and what they need.
- Listen more – it’s so important we gave it two points.
- The customer is always right – even if they aren’t.
- Upsell – you and your staff are your best advocates – don’t be afraid to encourage the upsell – just don’t force it down their throats.
- Be friendly – even if you’re having a bad day, plaster on the good vibes.
- Learn customers’ names – know your regulars to keep them regulars.
- Encourage loyalty – encourage your customers to return or by again.
- Reward loyalty – and when they do return, reward them! An extra coffee stamp, a locals’ discount….
- Make your premises your castle – first impressions count so make it a good one.
- Don’t skimp – be true to your offerings and don’t undercut your customers – they will notice!
- Remain true – keep to your word and what your company believes in – whether it be sourcing sustainable products or local produce – stick with it.
- Keep good staff – be a company that your employees are proud to work for.
- Reward good staff – praise staff for a job well done. People love to feel valued – so appreciate your staff and see them stick around for a lot longer.
- Love what you do – and your customers will see it.