Newcastle Accountants | Maitland Accountants | Bottrell Offices located in Newcastle, Maitland. Your local Accountants, Tax Agents & Advisors in Newcastle & Maitland.

Bottrell Accountants | Newcastle Accounting Firm | Maitland Accountants

Huge ‘price hike’ for the SMSF auditor registration fee!

The approved SMSF auditor application fee for registration with ASIC is proposed to increase from $107 to a staggering $3,429 from 1 July 2018.

The reason behind this ‘price hike’ is that, while around 90% of Asic’s regulatory activities will be recovered via industry levies, the remaining 10% will be recovered via fees-for-service from 1 July 2018.

Unfortunately, this 10% mainly covers fees for licensing and professional registration services.

In addition to the SMSF auditor registration fee, a new fee of $899 is proposed for requests by an approved SMSF auditor to cancel a registration (a new fee)! Also, an application to vary the conditions imposed on an auditor’s registration will also incur a fee of $1,028.

author avatar
Bottrell Group
No comments yet.

Leave a Reply