Are you a Miner and pay a lot of tax? Do you know what your entitlements are when it comes to deductions? Read on to find out what you might be eligible to claim.
To claim a deduction for work related expenses;
- you must have spent the money yourself and weren’t reimbursed
- it must be directly related to earning your income
- you must have a record to prove it.*
You can only claim the work-related part of expenses. You can’t claim a deduction for any part of the expense that relates to personal use.
Other expenses you can claim include:
- sunscreen and sunglasses if you’re required to work outside
- the work-related portion of phone expenses if you have to make phone calls or send texts for work
- union fees
- Renewing – not obtaining – machinery licences.
For a full list click the link -> Miners Tax Deductions