August is over, which means it is the end of the RSPCA Cupcake Day fundraising event for this year!
The official RSPCA Cupcake Day was on Monday 21 August, here at Bottrell we held our own Cupcake Day event outside our East Maitland office on Tuesday the 22nd and it was a great success!
We aimed to raise $250 this month for animals in need. We smashed this goal and raised $312.45!
This year the total funds raised Nation Wide are almost $860,000 (and still counting)
Now that’s a lot of cupcakes…
Why Fund-raise for the RSPCA?
The RSPCA receives less than two per cent of our funding from the government, so they rely on the generosity of people like you. The money you raise will rescue animals from cruelty and prepare them for their forever homes, by providing shelter, nourishment, veterinary treatment and rehabilitation.
How do they use my money?
If each cupcake sold for $2:
- 12 cupcakes can provide an orphaned kitten with a bed, litter tray, meals and a toy.
- 25 cupcakes can cover one week of antibiotics for an animal recovering from surgery.
- 50 cupcakes can de-sex a cat or dog so they can be adopted.
- 120 cupcakes can subsidise emergency surgery for an animal.
- 175 cupcakes can subsidise the cost of prosecuting a cruelty offender in court.
All proceeds from Cupcake Day go towards supporting the ongoing work of the RSPCA in caring for animals in need. It means they can keep the doors of their animal shelters open and their inspectors on the road. RSPCA education programs can continue, teaching the community about crucial topics, such as animal care and welfare issues.
What an amazing effort from everyone who participated and Thank You to all the people who helped us reach our goal.